* We are now taking reservations for rooms and cabin space for our Spring Cycling Camp. Camp will take place on April 10, 11 and 12. We have 6 hotel rooms available in the Hotel Manor, and I have room for 5 in the fully furnished cabin. We will be staying in Slate Run, PA for the evenings of April 9, 10, and 11. Please check the Spring Cycling Camp webpage for more information. You can reserve a hotel room or cabin space by making a $100.00 deposit.
* Judy and I will be hosting Drop-in Indoor Climbing on a state of the art climbing wall at LifeCenter Plus starting Friday February 6th. Every Friday and Saturday thereafter, from February thru April these sessions will take place on Fridays 5 PM to 9 PM, and Saturdays from 4 PM to 7 PM. Drop-in cost to non-members is $8.00. You can rent shoes & harness if you have no gear. We will belay those people who have no belay experience, OR if you choose to take a belay test and pass, you're welcome to do your own thing. You'll have five ropes available on the 25 and 30 foot walls, with over 50 climbing routes that range from beginner to advanced. Please come in and experience a whole DIFFERENT kind of workout. I've personally used indoor rock climbing as a X-training activity through many winter months over the years, and just love it because it's a super high intensity strength/endurance workout. Want to host a climbing party? Check with LifeCenter Plus about renting the climbing wall and several belayers for a heart-pounding good time.
* Beginning in April Judy & I are teaming up with LifeCenter Plus to host some active adventure trips. Look for a Black Forest beginner day hiking trip on the weekend of April 24 where you'll be able to hike by day with full support, and then enjoy the amenities of a hotel and dinner by night. On the weekend of May 1st we'll be hosting a beginner biking trip on the famous Pine Creek Rail Trail, where again you'll be able to enjoy full support for your day rides on the rail trail, followed by evenings at the hotel with dinner. For the more adventurous individuals we're offering moderate to advanced backpacking trips to: Otter Creek Wilderness in WVA on the weekend of October 2; The Black Forest Trail on the weekend of October 16. I'll have more information up on my Regional Trips page very soon with all the details.
* Excel In Cycling Indoors takes place at LifeCenter Plus in Hudson. The workout times and venues are the same as last season: Wednesdays at 7 PM in the main gym, and Saturdays at 9 AM in the back of the facility. Check my Indoor Cycling Page for more info on the indoor workouts. Please note that the Saturday, Jan. 17 workout will take place at 8 AM rather than the normal 9 AM start time due to the facility being rented out at 11 AM that day.
* It's Fixie time. Get that fixie and join our fixie group for some great rides. Make sure to have your fixie equipped as you would a X-bike: at least 28c tires and all-weather type brake pads are very important. We'll be riding a a combination of asphalt, gravel, dirt, mud and cinder, so be prepared. Fixies are NOT a must, but if you are riding a geared bike I will put you in a single gear for the duration of the ride to get you equalized with the rest of the group, and to familiarize you with single gear riding. Now be aware that we are doing way more off-road fixie riding this season, this to work on bike handling, balance, body english ....and it's just plain FUN.
* The Sunday Jan. 25 fixie group ride will meet at LifeCenter at 10 AM. I apologize for missing the past month's rides. I've been battling a sinus infection all those weeks...and IT is still winning!! As usual the ride will be cancelled if the weather takes a turn for the worse.
For more information about fixed gear riding click on the link below:
Click on the link below for more info on winter training in general:
* American Dirt is less than 6 months away. My route is up and ready. Click on the American Dirt logo at the bottom of the page if you'd like to make a donation to the cause. Thanks so much to all of you who have already make donations through my website and at the recent art showing. I'm very humbled by your generosity.