* Excel In Cycling Indoors at LifeCenter Plus in Hudson will continue on a "Bad Weather" plan for the month of March. The workouts for Wednesdays 2/25 at 7 PM in the main gym, and the Saturday workout 2/28 at 9 AM in the back of the facility will continue as planned. For March, if the weather is foul, then we will continue the indoor workouts. So far I'm holding a class on Wed evening on March 4 due to the forecast for bad weather. Could very well be that I'll be holding a class on Saturday, March 7 - not sure yet. Check here on the homepage for updates. I'll have a post up at least a day before for each my Wed/Sat Indoor Cycling classes as we progress further into the month.
* Once the weather breaks I'll be holding my Client-Only cycling workouts outdoors on Wednesdays, and my outdoor Client-Only run workouts outdoors on Tuesdays. Again, this is all depending on when the weather allows me to safely conduct the workouts outdoors. I'm be posting the venues and start times accordingly on this homepage.
* We are now taking reservations for rooms and cabin space for our Spring Cycling Camp. Camp will take place on April 10, 11 and 12. We have 1 hotel room available in the Hotel Manor, and I have room for 1 more person in the fully furnished cabin. We will be staying in Slate Run, PA for the evenings of April 9, 10, and 11. Please check the Spring Cycling Camp webpage for more information. You can reserve a hotel room or cabin space by making a $100.00 deposit.
* Judy and I will be hosting Drop-in Indoor Climbing on a state of the art climbing wall at LifeCenter Plus starting Friday February 6th. Every Friday and Saturday thereafter, from February thru April these sessions will take place on Fridays 5 PM to 9 PM, and Saturdays from 4 PM to 7 PM. Drop-in cost to non-members is $8.00. You can rent shoes & harness if you have no gear. We will belay those people who have no belay experience, OR if you choose to take a belay test and pass, you're welcome to do your own thing. You'll have five ropes available on the 25 and 30 foot walls, with over 50 climbing routes that range from beginner to advanced. Please come in and experience a whole DIFFERENT kind of workout. I've personally used indoor rock climbing as a X-training activity through many winter months over the years, and just love it because it's a super high intensity strength/endurance workout. Want to host a climbing party? Check with LifeCenter Plus about renting the climbing wall and several belayers for a heart-pounding good time.
* Beginning in April Judy & I are teaming up with LifeCenter Plus to host some active adventure trips. Look for a Black Forest beginner day hiking trip on the weekend of April 24 where you'll be able to hike by day with full support, and then enjoy the amenities of a hotel and dinner by night. On the weekend of May 1st we'll be hosting a beginner biking trip on the famous Pine Creek Rail Trail, where again you'll be able to enjoy full support for your day rides on the rail trail, followed by evenings at the hotel with dinner. For the more adventurous individuals we're offering moderate to advanced backpacking trips to: Otter Creek Wilderness in WVA on the weekend of October 2; The Black Forest Trail on the weekend of October 16. I'll have more information up on my Regional Trips page very soon with all the details.
* American Dirt is less than 3.5 months away. My route is up and ready. Click on the American Dirt logo at the bottom of the page if you'd like to make a donation to the cause. Thanks so much to all of you who have already make donations through my website and at the recent art showing. I'm very humbled by your generosity and interest in the project.